Pages

Thursday 25 June 2020

{}{} Water Wheel {}{}

Last week on our contracts we had a Mahi tahi challenge.
Mahi tahi is when the 3 senior classes get put into different groups and we have to do a challenge.
we also have to think about the Four Cs Critical Thinking,Communication,Collaboration,Creativity.
Since we couldn't be together in the same class we did it as one class.
Our challenge was to make a water wheel that moves and picks up water.
we made it out of paper plates, straws, egg cartons,hot glue, tin foil, rubber bands, skewers and cups.
When we were finished we test it out and it worked perfectly but it didn't pick up water.
Here's is an image

4 comments:

  1. Hey Alyx!
    I love the idea to all the senior classes working together.
    So how does it work? Its to bad that It doesn't collect water, and also who was in your group?
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyx I'm Jacob from Paroa School.The water wheel looks really good, I was thinking how were you going to pick up water.Was the water wheel really hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyx ! My name is Maya and I go to Paroa school. I loved the presentation of this post and fun fact We have our 4 c's as well. I also love this project and would love to have a go at it. I have one more question for you ? What was your favourite part about making this ?

    thanks - Maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alyx, My name is Grace. I am from Paroa school. This is a really cool Idea and it looks really fun to use. It looks so effective and eye popping. How long did it take to make? What was the best part about making this? Maybe next time you could make a slide and show us how you made it :)
    From Grace.H

    ReplyDelete